Shop Local in Downtown Memphis
South Point Grocery opened its doors a year ago, yet it is quickly becoming one of the most popular and unique grocery shopping experiences for those living downtown and nearby.
Customers have been raving about the deli’s different sandwich combinations, its ample outdoor seating that gives the store a relaxing vibe, and its vast assortment of local goods. Not to mention the stellar customer service, wide variety of fresh produce, meats, craft beers, and the creative design of the 100-year-old former grocery warehouse turned grocery store.
Giving back to your community and supporting small, local businesses has become increasingly popular, so locally-owned South Point Grocery decided to do just that by showcasing local vendors from across the mid-south. Even most of the produce is locally sourced from nearby farms, and some of the meat products come from locally-operated and certified humane Home Place Pastures. A few of the other local products you can find in South Point Grocery include:
- Local beers from Memphis Made, Wiseacre, Crosstown and more
- Elise Dessert Co’s banana pudding
- Grecian Gourmet’s pita chips and salads
- Lucchesi’s Italian grab-and-go meals
- Makeda’s Cookies
- Arbo’s Cheese Dip
- Las Delicias Chips
The Benefits of Shopping Local
- Shopping locally and purchasing items from local vendors means you are directly contributing to your community. Your money is going straight into our mid-south economy and helping it thrive.
- You receive a more friendly customer experience since shopping local is more personal. When a store is independently owned, the owners genuinely value their customers and want to build a rapport with the community that keeps them in business.
- Shopping locally also creates the identity of your community. A city street filled with vibrant and unique shops creates a more appealing aesthetic that is not only great for locals but also for tourists, too. Whenever you think about your favorite places to visit, they are likely made up of unique independent shops that give their city character and soul.
Shopping Local in Memphis
We are thrilled to offer the South Main neighborhood a grocery store they can walk to and have an enjoyable experience at since they know their money is going back into the community. Even if you don’t live in the South Main area, it’s worth the drive to experience South Point Grocery. We hope you will see our vision of turning grocery shopping from a chore to a delightful experience. We are located at 136 Webster Avenue, just a few blocks from the FedEx Forum and Beale Street. Stop in today for all your favorite local food.