Cinco de Mayo is one of the best holidays to entertain guests. Who doesn’t love bright colors, fantastic food, and margaritas (or beer)? If you plan on having a festive Cinco de Mayo celebration, we have all the food items you need for the occasion at your South Main neighborhood grocery store, South Point Grocery. In addition, if you aren’t quite sure what food to serve, we can help in that department too. Here are a few suggestions to ensure your party is remembered not only for a time well spent with great friends but also for its delicious food!
Author: SouthPoint Grocery
South Point Grocery opened its doors a year ago, yet it is quickly becoming one of the most popular and unique grocery shopping experiences for those living downtown and nearby.
If you haven’t stopped by South Point Grocery in downtown Memphis yet, you’re missing out on a unique grocery shopping experience. South Point Grocery opened one year ago this month to fill the void for downtown residents. Grocery shopping doesn’t have to be a grueling, overwhelming chore. SPG was designed to be an easy and enjoyable grocery store, from the free street parking to the friendly checkout.
According to a recent census, 11,176 residents call downtown Memphis home. Those residents are split between the northern area of downtown, also known as Harbor Town. There is an assortment of gorgeous homes and condominiums close to the bluff and centuries-old apartments in the center of downtown. Now, a vast majority have also made a home in the vibrant southern area of downtown known as the South Main Arts District.
Downtown Memphis – We heard your requests, and we’re excited to announce the addition of gluten-free, vegan, and dairy-free snacks and substitutions to the South Point shelves! Ingredient-conscious options at the grocery store are great for folks with dietary restrictions or those focusing on nutritional value. At South Point, we’re filling the ever-changing shelves with gluten-free, vegan, and dairy-free staples to help you feel good while eating some of your most-loved meals. Take a look at some of our favorite products!
- Schar Breads and Pizza Crust – Schar’s lineup of gluten-free baked goods will make anyone’s mouth water! At SPG, we feature their Ciabatta Rolls, Pizza Crust, and Artisan Baker Multigrain Bread made with sourdough, millet, buckwheat, quinoa, sunflower seeds, flax seeds, and honey.
- Whisps Cheese Crisps – Take snacking to a delicious new level with Whisps! Their Parmesan flavor started it all, but we’ve amped up the flavor by carrying Cheddar and Asiago & Pepper Jack crisps. You’ll taste the difference of Whisps’ responsibly sourced cheese with every bite.
- Tate’s Bake Shop – Tate’s craft-baked cookies are a pantry staple for anyone with a sweet tooth. Their gluten-free cookies offer the high-quality taste of the original flavors with the peace of mind of a rice flour substitute. Try out Tate’s Chocolate Chip flavor, and we swear you won’t tell a difference.
- Califia Dairy-Free Milk – Add a splash of Califia’s Oat or Almond Milk to your morning coffee and enjoy the creamy goodness without the guilt. Plus, we just added their dairy-free Mocha Cold Brew to our inventory.
- Delallo Pasta – The perfect wheat-free Italian pasta is a favorite among the South Point staff. Made with brown rice flour, Delallo’s Penne and Spaghetti noodles have an excellent texture and full flavor. Combine with a traditional tomato sauce or get experimental in the kitchen and you’ll find yourself with a decadent Italian meal.
At South Point, we’re committed to providing the most modern grocery experience in Memphis, and we’re always listening to customer feedback in the store, on social media, and even by word of mouth. Adding lots of gluten-free, vegan, and dairy-free options to the shelves at South Point allows us to expand that experience and take care of more Downtown Memphis residents. Drive, walk, bike, or take the trolley down to 136 Webster Ave today and get your grocery shopping done with ease at South Point!
At South Point Grocery, we know that fresh meat is an important item on your shopping list, and a good cut of meat can make or break a home-cooked meal. That’s why we’re proud to feature two incredible brands in our meat cases – Certified Angus Beef®️ and locally-sourced Home Place Pastures. Make your way through our grocery aisles to our meat department, where our in-house butcher Robert and his team will be ready to serve you the best cuts of meat for any occasion.